Does your company serve the local community? Do you receive walk-in customers? If so, you must use Local SEO (Search Engine Optimization). MOVE IT UP Marketing provides first page positioning so the people in your area can find you on Google Places, Yahoo Local, and Bing Local.
Our Internet Marketing Experts provide Geo-specific optimization, making a small investment go a long way. Local SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is for a business who wants to be seen by the local community surrounding the business, typically within a 15-20 mile radius.
For example: “teeth whitening Los Angeles” or “electrician San Francisco” are less competitive keywords than entering simply “teeth whitening” or “electrician.” Therefore if you provide services to a local community, ensure that your business is on the map by using our geo-specific optimization and allow us to help you dominate in your local marketplace.
In early 2008, Google changed their approach to local search and around the middle of each year since. Experts have concluded that there are now 98 factors examined by Google, 79 being positive and 19 being negative factors to determine rankings. While we won’t bother going through all 98 factors here, we will share some basics MOVE IT UP Marketing strategies that determine our client’s local rankings.
1. Have your site analyzed to ensure it is indexed and crawlable.
2. Your physical address must match the city where you are located.
3. Have proper category citations.
4. Having high quality backlinks pointing into your site.
5. Have your City and State listed in the page title for your place's landing page.
6. Make sure your local area code is on your Google Place's page.
7. Make sure your physical address is on your website including: City, State and Zip code.
8. Make sure the address is not an image and is crawlable.
9. Promote 3-way link building to increase the Page Rank (PR) of your site.
10. Get reviews.
1. Stuffing your business title with keywords.
2. Duplicating or having inaccurate content.
3. Putting location keywords in your categories.
4. Using an 800 number.
5. Managing listings for multiple locations.
6. Non response to negative reviews online.
7. Faking reviews.
8. Hiding your address.
9. Using a P.O.. Box for your address.
10. Improperly defining your service area.
As noted these are simply a few basic tips for any business to do and not to do. For a full explanation on how Google Places, Yahoo Local, and Bing Local determine your rankings, please call us directly for a free in-depth website analysis. Our SEO Company will gladly assist you.